All summer, I keep a pretty close eye on some favorite blogs. And I keep hearing from some of my faves their favorite desserts and recipes. I love this. I am a fan of cookbooks, recipes, and any kitchen gadgets I can get my hands on. Hey, you never know when you'll need a good tool in the kitchen. Usually I'm the tool in the kitchen, but that's another story.
What I've found very disturbing this summer is all the "easy" recipes out there. You know the ones I'm talking about -- those recipes that claim they are SIMPLE and BASIC and QUICK, when one expensive trip to the grocery and 14 ingredients later you realize this wasn't so SIMPLE, BASIC nor QUICK. I've already shared with you my easy ice cream cake recipe, and it's sinfully easy... and cheap... and such a WOW factor, I thought I'd step into the cobbler ring, and throw up my sister's recipe, just in case you're collecting 'em.
Mandy's EASY Cobbler (You'll never find anything easier, I promise!)- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 stick butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 large can of your favorite fruit (I've done peach, cherry and strawberry! They're ALL good!)
Preheat oven to 350, and place stick of butter in 9x13 in the oven to melt. Combine butter, sugar, flour, milk and vanilla. When butter has melted, add your fruit to the hot pan. Pour batter over the top of the fruit. Bake 25-30 minutes, or until you just can't stand it anymore.
Be sure to have bowl and spoon ready, and if you have ice cream on hand, Lawsy-Mercy!! Lock the doors, and be ready for an orgasmic experience in the kitchen!
Do you have an easy recipe? I'm all ears -- I collect them, remember? I pride myself in the "cheap and easy" category.... wait, that came out wrong... well, YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!!Enjoy the recipe! More on my kitchen coming up SOON, so stay tuned!!












Oh my, that really looks delicious! And I love quick and easy!
ReplyDeleteSounds fabulous! I am making it tomorrow for dessert!
ReplyDeleteYAY, Nicole! Hope you enjoy! Let me know how you liked it!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE cobbler. My mom makes something we refer to as Peach Crisp, although it's not all that "crisp" and you can use whatever type of fruit you want. I'm remembering vaguely...but you take:
ReplyDelete1/2 to 3/4 a boxed yellow cake mix
1 can of sliced peaches in heavy syrup
1 can of slice peaches in light syrup (i don't like all the goo from using two cans of heavy syrup)
3/4 stick of butter
1/4 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of oats
cinammon to taste
love your blog by the way!
directions: pour two cans of peachs in 9x13 in pan. combine yellow cake mix and oats and sprinkle over peaches. combine sugar and cinammon and sprinkle over dry mixture. melt 3/4 stick of butter and spread over the top. bake at 350 degrees until peach goo bubbles.
I am confused. It sounds like there is a stick of butter melting in the pan and then it calls for butter to mix with the other ingredients? Please clarify before I lose my mind!
ReplyDelete