Friday, August 7, 2009

Birdcage makeover

So, I have been very busy lately, seeing the kids off to school, working my tushie off at work doing wonderfully creative projects, and in my spare time I make big messes in my kitchen. Now that my wall painting is finished, I'm finding it quite intimidating coming up with new and exciting decorating ideas for my kitchen. What once worked on top of my cabinets is no longer working, and besides, I am in for something new and exciting. IS THAT SO WRONG!?

What's more, I'm wanting to spend little or no money to do it. Simply put -- I like to brag about how great my stuff looks, yet brag about how cheap it was, all in the same breath. My husband is ecstatic about this new venture I'm on as well. Well, maybe just the "little to no money" part.One of the things I can't seem to part with is this old birdcage, and I'd like to bring it back into my kitchen, only it SCREAMS 80's home decor show giveaway... know what I mean? Can this little birdhouse be brought into the 21st Century?
I'm sure gonna try!

(Now, where's that white can of spray paint?)

In less than five minutes, I was saying goodbye to the Burt Reynolds brass and hello to a newly updated Nester-type birdhouse that is beginning to grow on me.

Now, where to find a birdnest and a couple of robins eggs to put in it... Don't worry! I'm going to a craft store for that one! Geesh, I'm not THAT frugal!!

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Birdcages are so much fun to decorate with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo-Ann's has some cute nests and eggs for 30% right now. Go check 'em out!

    I'm visiting from Kara's. . .

    ReplyDelete