Thursday, April 30, 2009

:: A DESIGNER that I love ::



When it comes to decorating, I'm all over the board. I like traditional, but not matchy-matchy. I like style but not trendy. And when it comes to designers, I love so many of them, my TiVo can barely keep up.

Neither can my husband's patience.

I thought I'd tell you about one designer that I really love. Vern Yip is well known for his simple minimalistic style, and wowing you with his flair for color and drama. I really find comfort in a lot of his work, as well as several other designers, and I'd always told my husband, "Sweetie, if HGTV ever calls us and wants us to do that 'Trading Spaces' show, I'd pick Vern to do our house..." to which he mumbles something unrecognizable and scans through the TiVo list, looking for something manly. {Sigh}, Men.....

There is a particular episode where he took a very simple boxy livingroom. . .

. . .and transformed it into a showpiece. I freaked out when I saw it. It looks so easy, so simple, but with Vern Yip flair.

He's a master at making small, simple spaces look amazing. Check him out when you get a chance. And set your TiVo to "Deserving Design" while you're hubby's out of the room. They end up mumbling about it if you're not careful!

1 comment:

  1. Vern is awesome. In my opinion, he and Candice Olson (Olsen?) are the best talents on HGTV.

    ReplyDelete