Thursday, June 18, 2009

MOVE OVER Expert Flower Growers!!

I am Designing a flower garden that I love! It's truly fabulous, and I know you'll agree by salivating over my flawless pictures. Let me give you a tour:

See, I learned several years ago that there are flowers called ANNUALS, and those called PERENNIALS. (On a side note, I'm SO good, I may have misspelled them, so forgive me for just a moment while I brag about more important things than my spelling.) Ahem, where were we?

Anyways, perennials are flowers that you purchase, dig up dirt and make a place for in your garden, then **POOF!!** out they grow the next year with little to no effort. In my case, I never ONCE did ANYTHING to these flowers. Oh yeah. Not a blasted thing. This Kentucky weather has heat indexes dancing around the 3-digit mark, and these babies don't even ask for water! (Honestly, they probably get enough from this blasted humidity...)

This first flower was a gift from Mother's Day. While its rich dark pink flower is enough to swoon over, know that the entire thing was covered in these flowers before it came to live with me. Since then, all the flowers fell off, and if it weren't for that freak thunderstorm we had last week, I'm convinced this flower would be dark brown, shriveled up, and hiding in a dark corner somewhere in shame. Thank you, God, for watering my flowers! And, the only reason it looks so good was that I purposefully got ALL THREE flowers in one camera shot. Boy, am I good.


Ahh... this is one of my FAVORITE flowers, simply because my Mom gave me these, like, 10 years ago. They are day lilies, and I believe the "technical" name for them is "Something-Marlene" or something like that, which is why I love them. They share the same name as my Mom (Marlene is her name, NOT "Something"). She probably planted these, too, because if I were to touch them, they'd shrivel up faster than Wile E. Coyote lighting a match.

And, FINALLY, I've left the heartiest, most dainty flower for last! Check these babies out:Oh yes, friends! I don't have to water them, don't have to care for them one bit. I just mow over them every once in a while, then VOILA! They come back...WITH FRIENDS!
So, there you have it! Aren't you GREEN WITH ENVY over the mass amounts of flowers I'm able to produce, with little to no effort? I know, I know, there will be HUNDREDS of questions out there from all of you, asking me how I do it. Believe me when I tell you -- I don't do a dad-blasted thing. I'm just lucky, I guess.

Move over, floral experts! Amy's got a MOWER!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I know nothing about landscaping or gardening, so no maintenance sounds good to me! They're all so pretty, congrats!!

    Thanks for stopping by my summer foyer make-over from Kimba's tonight...that was such a great surprise for me. I'm knew to this whole blogging thing and I can't believe how many unbelievable people I've met already. Thanks again:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ode to a clover garden!!! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perennials are wonderful! I plant very few annuals now that my perennials are starting to fill in. Daylilies are some of my faves.

    Kimba

    ReplyDelete