Friday, May 8, 2009

:: Designing an ACCIDENT I Love??? ::

photos courtesy of Nesting Instincts

I'm really starting to think today about the upcoming women's retreat that my church is having. I signed up for it, hoping I could help out with decorations, and come together with neat ideas and wow others with my charm and wit.

Somehow, they seem to think it's a great idea, and together with a few friends, we're planning the party!
The theme is on how to be a "BOND GIRL." Now, I know what you're thinking. How am I ever gonna tie christian values into James Bond and perfect women? Well, it can be done. The trick is to balance the sleekness of Bond and that great music with ladies who are ready for a retreat filled with life lessons God has placed on our hearts to share.

I got inspiration from this blog by ACCIDENTALLY stumbling over Courtney's blog, Nesting Instincts. She hosted a movie party, and since her colors are black and fuscia, I was all over that one. It's sleek, and I love the black ting ting and feathers. I'm soooooo gonna imitate that great idea! I'm having trouble in my small town finding pink damask napkins, so I'm gonna improvise with other ideas like scrapbook paper and the like. Because hubby says that stuff is a sickness, and I've got it bad.

But if I can tie it into God's work, then I found a loophole, people. It's just how I roll. {{tee hee hee!!}}
The retreat is next weekend. I'll post some pictures of the lovely decorations, and I'll definitely need some feedback. Tell me if I've designed a retreat YOU love...!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amy - I'm a little late to the party...just realized you shared these pics...so glad I inspired you even just a little bit! good luck on the retreat - let us know how it goes!!

    ReplyDelete