I know I'm not alone when I tell you my love of melamine. It's like having a really great juicy secret, and when you tell someone, some giggly delight ensues.
I just snagged one of the final John Derian melamine plates (above) from Target. I had seen this plate on several blogs, and when it came in the mail, I was not disappointed with my purchase.Yeah, that's right. I said it CAME IN THE MAIL. It's the only thing I don't like about my beautiful town. I'll live my whole life here, but would somebody get me a Target, please!?!? In the meantime, I'll be happily purchasing from my laptop, and raiding the Targets nearby (how near? Oh, about 45 minutes... {SIGH}).
But, to show my melamine love, I'd like to share some other really great melamine finds:
This hot little ticket came from Target as well (for $17.99/set of four). It's still available, and it's on SALE! Gotta love that!

Then we have this little diddy at Amazon ($24.99/set of 12). Who wouldn't love this? I can see this on one of those pretty tablescapes for an outdoor party, coupled with solid white plates sitting on top of a lime grassy-green placemat. These would make for a great girly party!
And, finally, there is these sweet little plates at Crate & Barrel. They're on the pricey side (around $6.95 a piece), but I've got my eyes on them...
Do you love melamine? I think it's such a happy addition to any tablescape, and it sooooo reminds me that it's summer!













I have always scoffed at melamine, but I have to say lately I have definitely been giving them another glance. Target is the BEST : )!!
ReplyDeleteHi! I love the alphabet plate, is it from Target also?
ReplyDeleteThanks!
Hmm I like the Target plate, but why is there no J or W, maybe it's really obvious but I don't really get it. I like the letter J!
ReplyDeleteAmazing colours for those plates so summery, makes me want to have a picnic.