Thursday, May 28, 2009

:: Milestones ::

Another Spring is about over, and it's that time of year when we congratulate those who've accomplished amazing educational feats, and commence into the future ahead.

Around here in Western Kentucky, we like to celebrate not ONLY the college and high school graduates, but we also celebrate the little ones.And this year, it's my littlest one's turn to graduate from Preschool. And this fall, she will begin Kindergarten. Peyton is so excited! Mommy is so proud of her little girl, but she can't help but be sad that all this is happening way to fast.Just look at her! Oh, hang on... I don't have my camera set right. I still have it set on (no flash, please!) and that just isn't gonna work...here, let me try out this setting on a seemingly innocent kid in front of me...Hey, I'm only borrowing you for a minute! There! Much better! (What a head of curly hair!)

So, where were we? Ah, yes! My little girl is graduating from Preschool! Oh, this is a proud day! My little one is the cute one in front in the middle. The one with the rolled up shorts and purple hat lookin' all cute. What do you mean, 'they're all cute?' I know! Well, then, how about the girl who's "striking a pose" in the front row!? Does that do it? Why, yes it does! There you are!They performed many favorites, like "This Little Light of mine" - a class favorite, 'cause they were able to use their little flashlights! Also, He's Got the Whole World In His Hands" was the main song and the theme for this year. The t-shirts were painted, and their handprints put on them. Now, I ask you, what Mother out there wouldn't LOVE a keepsake like that!? SOOOO adorable!
Miss Peyton gets a hug from Miss Pam, an angel from God. Miss Pam was put on this earth to teach little ones about God. And God couldn't have picked a finer servant than Miss Pam. She's one of those teachers you wish would just teach your kid FOREVER, and you know she really means it when she tells all her children she's gonna miss them when they leave, and tear up with her.

I love Miss Pam.

I also LOVE that even though my sweet, loving and adorable husband works 70 hours a week, he took his lunch hour to watch his little girl. Now, mind you, I'm sure Miss Peyton was glad to see Mommy and Nana, but that Daddy. . . she just couldn't keep her eyes off him! She was so happy Daddy came. It meant so much to her, and to me. I fell in love with him all over again.

Another milestone in my life. My little girl is growing up. And life is designed, very carefully, very intentionally, one day at a time.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, this is sweet!! There is NOTHING like the joy of these little ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wanted to come by and say,"Welcome, and don't be a stranger!" I enjoyed your post. My daughters are both school teachers, one teachs kindergarden the other high school english. Enjoy this time, it is precious.

    ReplyDelete